Twisted Metal III
|Twisted Metal III|
|Series||Twisted Metal Series|
|Release Date||October 31, 1998|
The story takes place 2 years after Twisted Metal 2. The plot is retained: Calypso continues with his vehicular combat tournament Twisted Metal all over the world, promising to its winner any wish he/she desires. Although Calypso grants the winner's wish, he twists it in a way that has a negative effect on them. Calypso watches over the battles from a personal blimp, which is also the game's final stage.
 Returning Characters
- Axel: Freed himself from his car but now wants to become a part of it.
- Hammerhead: An elderly woman that just wants peace and to watch her TV.
- Minion: A Demon from Hell. (Unlockable Character)
- Mr. Grimm: The Grim Reaper who's after Calypso's soul.
- Outlaw: Two cops who want to stop Calypso.
- Roadkill: Homeless man that wants to win.
- Spectre: A ladies man that wants to be famous.
- Sweet Tooth: A clown that wants candy. (Unlockable Character)
- Thump: Kick it with his homies.
- Warthog: To be young again.
- Darkside: Boss of the Washington area.
 New Characters
- Auger: A construction worker who wants to keep his buildings safe.
- Club Kid: Wants a big party.
- Firestarter: Wants a barbecue for all of his friends.
- Flower Power: Wants to save the world.
- Primeval: Boss of the Blimp area.